Hello again with a new recipe for baked lemon and veggies chicken thighs. Today we are going to learn how to prepare a juicy, spicy, and full of citrus chicken thighs! Yum. It is my mom’s particular recipe, so I am giving away a free treasure today. This method will take some time, so I usually prepare that during the weekends when family and friends are gathering, so we enjoy working together and having a great meal together. Well, let us start!
Preparation time: 10 minutes seasoning+ 2 hour marinated+ baking time around 1.5 hours
Serving: 2 persons
- Four chicken thighs
- One teaspoon salt
- One cup balsamic vinegar
- One teaspoon BBQ spice ( I use special spice from Shan(R), usually I got it from Indian store)
- One and a half tablespoon tomato paste.
- One mid-size onion chopped into small pieces
- Two mid-size potatoes cut into cubes
- One large lemon sliced
- One mid-size bell green pepper sliced
- Two minced cloves of garlic
- Two celery steam chopped into mid-size pieces
- Seasoning: In a small bowl add the salt, vinegar, tomato paste, and BBQ spice. Mix very well.
- Put the chicken thighs in a baking pan, then add the seasoning over the thighs, make sure to cover all of them.
- Add the veggies between the chicken thighs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and leave them around two hours.
- After that, pre-heat the oven at 400F (200C). transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake for around one to one and half hour.
- Keep the aluminum foil cover, at the end of baking time remove the aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes.
- Optional: serve with Greek salad, with olives and olive oil, pita bread, and rice.