Hello!, today I am coming back with a delicious easy to prepare Fettuccine with Spinach and Ricotta. The combination of pasta, spinach, and ricotta makes it filled with flavors. Fettuccine pasta is one of the best blank slates that you can add whatever veggies, meat or cheese and have a quick and fast dinner within less than 20 minutes, isn’t that wonderful!. so let us start.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- Two minced cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons pine nuts. (you can use any kind of pine nuts)
- One mid-size chopped onion
- One cup of fresh spinach coarsely chopped.
- 16 oz (454 g) fettuccine pasta, I use Barilla
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- One teaspoon pink salt
- Half cup of ricotta cheese
- Prepare the fettuccine pasta as following: In another pot add around one liter of water, one teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon olive oil, let it boil, then add the spaghetti, stir for few minutes.
- In a deep frying pan on medium heat add the olive oil and onions, stir until the onions become golden
- Add the minced garlic and the spinach and toss with the olive oil around ten minutes.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and the ricotta cheese and mix all ingredients very well for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese gets melted completely.
- Drain your cooked pasta, transfer them to the mixture, start to toss them with cheese and spinach mixture. It is very important to toss the pasta with the cheese while they are still hot and melted.
- Decorate with pine nuts and serve.