Hi, everybody! Let us today learn how to prepare easy Greek feta chicken salad. Feta (Greek: φέτα, féta, “slice”) is a brined curd white cheese made in Greece from sheep’s milk, or from a mixture of sheep and goat’s milk. Similar brined white cheeses produced in Europe are often made partly or wholly of cow’s milk, and they are also sometimes called feta. It is a crumbly aged cheese, commonly produced in blocks, and has a slightly grainy texture. Feta is used as a table cheese, as well as in salads and pastries. Most notable is its use in the popular phyllo-based dishes spanakopita (“spinach pie”) and tyropita (“cheese pie”), or served with some olive oil or olives and sprinkled with aromatic herbs such as oregano and mint. Recently, researchers suggested that feta cheese can help in several medical conditions such as protects against cancer, supports bone health, boosts immune system, maintain a healthy gut, prevents headaches, including migraines, protects your eyes, and part of a natural treatment for anemia. Iknow that a lot let us have that delicious salad.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- 9 oz (250 g) cherry tomatoes cut into cubes.
- 5 oz (150 g) feta cheese
- Two tablespoons fresh mint leaves.
- Three boneless chicken breasts
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- One teaspoon lemon juice.
- Black olives cut into halves
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven on 400F (200C).
- In a baking pan, add some olive oil then transfer the chicken breasts, bake for around 5 minutes then flip the chicken breast on the other side and bake again for 5 minutes.
- After that let the pan cooled, take the chicken breast out and cut them into cubes around one inch each.
- In a mid-size bowl, mix very well the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes, tomato, feta cheese, black olives, and mint leaves. toase all ingredient very well.
- Optional: Serve with pita bread or any kind of bread, decorate with sesame.