Hi, Today we are going to learn how to prepare Greek tuna pita sandwich. Greek tuna sandwich is totally different than tuna sandwich, it has unique ingredients like: yogurt instead of mayonnaise, feta cheese, extra virgin olive oil, etc. This recipe is so simple and easy to prepare, perfect for healthy fast food for lunch or breakfast.
Preparation time: ~10 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- One lime zested, about one tablespoon, and juiced about 2 tablespoons.
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- One teaspoon pink salt.
- Half cup finely chopped celery.
- One med-size tomato, cut into cubes
- Half cup feta cheese around 2 oz.
- One cup Greek yogurt, around 4 oz.
- Around 10 large pitted olives, cut into slices.
- About 10 oz or 2 cans of Tuna in olive oil, I prefer Genova and Albacore.
- 8 Leaves of lettuce, any kind and you can replace with kale.
- Four pitas bread with pocket, cut in half.
- Dressing: In a small-size bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt.
- In another med-size bowl mix and toss tuna, celery, tomato, feta cheese, and olive slices.
- Pour dressing over tuna mixture, mix until coated
- Place one lettuce leaf in each pita pocket, then pour a proper amount of tuna.
- Add the Greek yogurt on the top of the pita pocket, around 2 tablespoons in each pocket.