Hello, I am back again, was so busy with school work, today we are going to learn how to make Italian Veggie Frittata. Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to “fried”. Eggs are full of nutrients and veggies are full of fibers and minerals, this meal is all you need to start your day, let us start.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- Four eggs (mid-size)
- Two and a half tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One cup of boiled sliced potatoes.
- Ona and a half tablespoon milk.
- One mid-size onion, cut into cubes.
- 2/3 teaspoon pink salt.
- One mid-size green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- One mid-size red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2/3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup of sliced ready to cook mushroom
- 1/3 cup of mozzarella or any kind of cheese
- 1/6 cup of butter or margarine.
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- In a pan add the olive oil and the onion and start fry until you get golden onion.
- To that pan add the mushroom, green pepper, then red pepper and toss them very well.
- In another deep bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, parsley, thyme, and the butter and mix them thoroughly.
- In a deep pan arrange the boiled potatoes then transfer the veggies to that pan.
- Pour the eggs mixture over the veggies.
- Put the pan into your preheated oven and let it bake for about 15 minutes or until all ingredients cooked very well.
- At this step, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the cooked eggs and veggies and put it back in the oven until the cheese gets melted.
- After that keep it several minutes to cool and then cut and serve.