Hello!, here is another awesome Mediterranean chickpeas (garbanzo beans) salad recipe. Within 15 minutes your lunch or dinner will be ready isn’t that sound wonderful?. Chickpeas, in Mediterranean diet use mainly for Hummus, salads, falafel, and many others. This Salad is packed with delicious veggies and a hint of Greek feta cheese flavor. This recipe is extremely versatile, as it makes a great side dish or a quick and vegan, raw, and healthy snack.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serving: 2 persons
- 16 Oz cooked chickpeas, (One can)
- One red pepper chopped into cubes
- One mid-size onion chopped into small pieces
- One mid-size cucumber cut into cubes
- Two mid-size tomatoes cut into cubes
- One-half cup olives, cut into slices.
- One-half cup parsley chopped (without stem)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- One tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Two teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- One teaspoon organic dijon mustard
- One-half teaspoon salt
- Two pinches of ground black pepper
- One tablespoon fresh oregano and/or mint
- Dressing: Mix all the ingredients together and put them aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the chickpeas, pepper, onion, tomato, cucumber, olives, parsley, and feta.
- Add the dressing over the veggie mixture and gently flip the ingredients several times.
- Put the salad in the fridge for around one hour that will mix the flavors and make your salad awesome.