Mediterranean Dates and Pistachios Balls
I love the combination taste from both dates and pistachios balls, plus they are vegan, vegetarian, and raw food, no cooking or heat required, just buy the ingredients and mix them and enjoy!.
Dates are one of palm tree fruits, that filled with nutrients such as dietary fibers, organic sugar, vitamin A, vitamin K, Niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folate, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and much more. Moreover, dates have many health benefits such as relief from constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunctions, diarrhea, abdominal cancer, and many other conditions.
Pistachios from another hand is a member of the cashew family, is a small tree originating from Central Asia and the Middle East. One cup of pistachios consists 26.3g protein, 322IU vitamin A, 2.8mg vitamin C, around 56.5g of healthy fats such as Omega-3, Omega-6, Mono and Polyunsaturated fats, and lots of minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Selenium.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two cups of pitted dates (organic Medjool date is the best)
- Two cups of pistachios
- Put the pistachios in grounder and ground for several minutes.
- Place half of the ground pistachios to a flat dish and keep it aside.
- Transfer to a blender then add the dates and mix very well.
- Wet your hand with olive oil and start taking a small amount from date and pistachios mixture to roll with your hand to make the small balls (same size of meat balls).
- Roll each ball with the ground pistachios that you put in the plate.