Hola!, an omelet is a dish made from beaten eggs fried with butter or oil in a frying pan. It is quite common for the omelet to be folded around a filling such as cheese, vegetables, meat, or some combination of the above. Whole eggs or sometimes only egg whites are beaten with a small amount of milk, cream, or even water. Spanish omelet is the English name for a traditional dish from Spanish cuisine called tortilla española, tortilla de patatas or tortilla de papas. It is an omelet made with eggs and potatoes, sometimes also with onion and/or chives garlic; fried in oil and often served cold as an appetizer. It is part of the cuisine of Spain and many South American countries, especially those in the area of the Rio de la Plata.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- Five eggs
- Five tablespoons milk
- One teaspoon salt
- A half teaspoon ground black pepper
- One cup of chopped parsley
- A half cup of cheese shredder, shredded
- Three tablespoons virgin olive oil
- One mid-size onion chopped into small pieces
- One mid-size carrot, shredded
- A half cup of mushroom cut into pieces
- One big-size green bell pepper cut into pieces
- A half cup of olives cut into slices
- In a deep bowl mix the eggs with milk, black pepper, and the salt. mix very well.
- Add the parsley and the cheese and mix again very well.
- In a deep pan, turn the heat to medium and start frying the onions to get golden, then add the carrot, mushroom, green pepper, and olives. Keep stir for two minutes.
- Add the egg mixture over the veggies and mix evenly. Keep the heat low and close the pan then leave on stove for 1-2 minutes, or until the eggs get cooked. Flip on the other side and cook for one more minute.
- Optional: You can decorate with fresh mint or basil or parsley.