Hello!, I love stromboli at morning, taste wonderful, and easy to prepare. Salami and Marinara with a hint of basil and bread you will be in another world, Yum!. Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with cheeses and salami, or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough. A stromboli is somewhat similar to a calzone. A stromboli is usually made by rolling up the dough that has been topped with pizza ingredients such as Marinara sauce and then baking it. A calzone is crescent-shaped, and a stromboli is usually shaped like a long cylinder. Let us have some Stromboli
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- Around 18 Oz (0.5 Kg) smoked turkey salami
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust Classic (13.8 Oz)
- 1/2 Cup Marinara sauce
- One cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Three once of black olives, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, and extra for the tops
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut into slices
- Pinch of powdered black pepper
- Three tablespoons unsalted butter
- Layer the pizza crust dough, then sprinkle with Parmesan. Make sure to have the dough layered in an elongated shape.
- Add a layer of Marinara sauce
- Put a layer of salami slices.
- Add the mozzarella cheese layer
- Then add the basil leaves, olives slices, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Roll the dough up and gently close the ends.
- Brush the tops of the dough with butter (melted) and sprinkle with a pinch of Parmesan.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for around 25 minutes, or until the dough becomes golden.
- Cool, then slice it into thick slices, and serve with Marinara sauce