Today I am going to teach you, step by step with an easy and simple way to prepare tuna salad with toasted bread. Tuna salad is one of my favorite easy to prepare salads, light and full of nutrients, I usually have that salad at dinner time.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Three servings (you can increase or decrease for your need)
- One and a half toasted dried bread ( whole grain is better)
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon vinegar (I prefer organic unfiltered, taste wonderful !)
- Bunch of fresh mint leaf
- Seven black olives (sliced)
- One-half medium size tomato (cut into cubes)
- One-half lemon peel (cut into small pieces)
- One-half lemon juice
- One-half minced garlic
- One Tuna can or fresh tuna, around 6 Oz (170 g), you can add more if you like
- One-half bell pepper, green or yellow any color would work (cut into cubes)
- One-half medium size onion (sliced)
- A hint of salt (I prefer Himalaya pink salt)
- Cut the bread into cubes, and then mix with the minced garlic very well
- Add the mixture to a mid-size pan that has the olive oil, toast the bread very well.
- In another mid-size bowl, mix the vinegar with the olives, tomato cubes, pepper cubes, onion slices, Tuna cubes, lemon peels, and the salt.
- After that mix the vegetables with the toasted bread
- Then add the lemon juice and decorate with mint leaf
Note: You can always modify or add more veggies like celery or lettuce, however, I do not recommend adding cucumber, as that taste will never mix with the tuna.