Lentil is one of the legumes family, recently I felt in love with this soup, easy to prepare, tasty, nutty, earthy and full of nutrients especially veggie based protein. Lentils are full of fibers that well-known to lower cholesterol. Moreover, lentils have several health benefits such as reducing the risk for heart disease, help prevent constipation, help diabetic people to maintain a low-level of blood sugar, and promote weight loose.
Following are some of the lentil nutritious: molybdenum 148.50 mcg, folate 358.38 mcg, fiber 15.64 g, copper 0.50 mg, phosphorus 356.40 mg, Manganese 0.98 mg, iron 6.59 mg, protein 17.86 g, vitamin B1 0.33 mg
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- 32 Oz of organic vegetable broth, you can prepare your organic broth by yourself!
- Three minced garlic teeth
- Two tablespoons tomato sauce
- One cup of red lentil
- Half teaspoon of chili pepper
- One mid-size carrot, cut into small pieces
- Half teaspoon cumin
- One mid-size onion, cut into small pieces
- One-half teaspoon salt (I preferred Himalayan pink salt)
- In a mid-size pot add the veggie broth, minced garlic, tomato sauce, red lentil, chili pepper, carrot, onion, cumin, and salt.
- Mix all ingredients very well, and heat until come to boiling. keep boiling for 25 minutes, or until all veggies become soft.
- Transfer all ingredients to a blender and blend them very well for several minutes
- keep blending until you reach very smooth soup
- Pour into pot, then warm the soup again to serve while warm
- Optional: decorate with mint leaves or parsley leaves